Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Art Area

I finally got a corner of our basement cleared out and set up to be an art corner. Here are my before and after pics:

I owe a big thank you to my husband for assembling the little table and chairs while I was away at a conference. Ladybug is very excited about her art corner, and I'm very excited to have a relaxing art space that doesn't need to stay perfectly clean.

This morning we did another project from First Art, making homemade puffy paint and squeezing it from a squeeze bottle. I donated one of my icing flood bottles to this cause, chopping off the tip for easier paint flow.

Ladybug can still be very fussy and sensitive during her art time. I'm thinking that I've introduced a lot of new art projects (not to mention the new art corner), and it's time now for some repetition. For my sake, I'm going to list what we've done so far so that I can refer back to it and repeat projects:
  • Paper Stain Painting (Supposed to paint with wet crepe paper and the ink will bleed. Didn't work for us.)
  • Color Mixing (tempera, brushes, cotton balls)
  • Stretchy Dough
  • Foil Squeezing
  • Easy Big Beads
  • Making Marks
  • The Need to Squeeze (that was this morning's puffy paint)
  • Touch and Pour Explore
  • Simply Stickers
  • Early Scissors Experiences (Stage 2: Yarn Factory)
  • Busy Printing (boy was she crabby about this one. I don't think the print pads were to her liking.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment