Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mixing Colors


The paint and brushes arrived last night, so today Ladybug finally got to paint. Wow, the smell of tempera paint takes me right back to my elementary school art room, and our kind art teacher, Mrs. Kerr.

I don't know why I didn't learn from my mistake yesterday, but after letting Bug play in the paint for a while, I couldn't resist putting brush to paper. Instantly, same effect as last night. "Ladybug need to paint! Need to paaaaaint!" Oh jeeze. I guess there won't be any side-by-side art. I was able to calm her after a while by throwing away the paper I had painted on (just squiggles this time, no "advanced" flowers), and by refilling her paint cups.



Looking at all this fun art stuff and not getting to do any myself makes me think I need to have my own art time during Bug's quiet time. Maybe I will paint something to decorate my empty walls.

After cleanup (which definitely involved the bathtub), we read The Color Kittens. That one has long been a favorite, but it's a must read on paint day!

No comments:

Post a Comment