Friday, December 28, 2012

Three Ways I Think About Education

 When I encounter an idea in education, it seems that I will eventually approach it from each of three angles below. Here's a sample idea that weighs on my thoughts:

"Teaching kids to ask questions and think about problems before receiving the solution encourages more non-linear, divergent and creative thinking, to produce better innovators, problem-solvers, and problem-finders."
The educational value of creative disobedience 

1. They are failing to do this in schools, and I find this lack so offensive that I would be unhappy sending my child to school.

2. How will I succeed on this point when arranging for my daughter's education?

3. How could we change our institutions so that this great idea is implemented for more children?

No comments:

Post a Comment