Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's Still Summer!

We just had a really fun morning with friends at our local park's wading pool. Today was the first time any of us had visited this pool, even though it's already late summer. Back to school sales are everywhere, Pinterest is full of fall recipes, and I caught myself planning Ladybug's Halloween costume. For a planner like me, it's easy to get ahead of myself and forget where we are now.

I'm writing this post to remind myself that we just moved to a great new neighborhood, and I have found at least three new playgrounds. We have a little less than one month before the wading pool closes for the season, so I'd like to squeeze every drop of fun out of the rest of the summer. The library can wait for the (many, many) cold days ahead.

Today is August 14. I bet I could make it to the wading pool or sprinkler park at least ten more times before August is over. I will break out the sunscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment