Monday, June 25, 2012

Seasonal Planning - Summer

Ladybug is only 18 months old, but I already do some homeschool planning. While most of it is spent on Amazon wish-listing books and curriculum ideas that will certainly change before Ladybug grows into them, some of it is beneficial to me now. Earlier this year I was inspired by a post on City Kids Homeschooling about homeschooling rhythms. I immediately started working out a similar schedule for my days with Ladybug. I have been updating them at the beginning of a new season, roughly corresponding with our music class. It helps me to take a step back and more deliberately choose how our days will flow. And it really helps me to have something to lean on during my 3:00 pm slump!

This is our summer routine. One of the best things I was able to do was recognize my 3:00 slump and plan to get outside around that time. The weather is usually wonderful, and I can't think of a better season than summer for frequent playground time.


Of course, like anything with a toddler, this routine is flexible. I adapt it to meet our needs. This is the basic outline that serves us well.

No comments:

Post a Comment