Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Blogging a Rainy Morning

The weather for yesterday morning was predicted to be nasty thunderstorms. When I woke in the morning things were sunny enough, but by 9:00 am the sky was looking ominously dark. Darn. Our play date to go swimming is cancelled, and the best decision I can see is to spend our day inside. We are sans car around here, and getting caught outside in lightning and thunder is not my idea of a good time.

Rainy days in a small apartment with a small toddler have a way of dragging on and on. So I thought I would blog all the little ways we passed the time. Or at least as many of them as I could remember and document. I should mention that watching the rain became a continual source of delight, and she returned to the window many times throughout the morning.

After breakfast, we sat with crayons and colored. Ladybug is beginning to get the idea. And yes, that is a ladybug magnet on our fridge. Thanks to a sweet aunt for that gift!


Then I thought I would try pointing out colors in Goodnight Moon. I got this idea from Before Five in a Row, which I will do a post on soon. We looked at a few green walls and yellow lamps before Bug requested "plo."


Then it was potty time. She requested the potty by bringing me a baby instruction manual and saying "Ah-pah-pah." The instructions for her own operation got boring quickly, but the Fruitominoes were at hit. Lots of stacking, talking about bananas, and general crazy swiping. Plus, she used the potty. Yay!


Then this cute Christmas ornament kept her busy for quite a while. It's a good thing I'm not organized enough to get all the ornaments back into storage, huh?


Right around now, I start asking myself if it's lunchtime yet. It's not.

I decided yesterday I might like to have Bug's bookcase outside of her room and in our living room, near her toys. This is about as close as you will see me get to a DIY project. So I shuffled some books around and slid the bookcase into its new home.


While moving the bookcase around, I notice that there is some board book repair I've been putting off. By the time toddlerhood is over, I think I should have attained some kind of certificate in board book repair.
Before, in pieces:


And after, all fixed:


At various points while I've been shuffling and taping books, Ladybug has been playing with her fish colors puzzle. I just love this thing, and she's into colors lately. She will take pieces and announce, "Blue fish! Black fish!" For some reason though, green is always blue. Oh well, this is imperfect homeschool.


Clock check. It's after 12:00! Lunch, anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment